People, in general, may not agree on much. But one thing we can all agree on is how hot Ottawa’s summers are. We whine all winter about not being able to feel our toes, but as soon as the snow melts the humidity rolls in and we begin to whine about the sweat pouring off of our bodies (you really do need soap, PU!).
On busy days where cooling off in a refreshing body of water isn’t possible, treat yourself to the best smoothie EVER!! Filled with fruit, protein, and Nutella, even smoothie haters will love this delicious concoction!
The best part about smoothies is that you don’t really have to follow any set recipe. Just throw in a few key ingredients and you’re good to go. But in case you need something a little more exact, here’s a delicious recipe from fineretirement.com that is tried and true:
4 ice cubes
1 medium banana, sliced into 6-8 small pieces
½ cup almond milk (or any milk that you prefer)
2–3 tablespoons peanut butter
2–3 tablespoons Nutella
Splash of real vanilla
- Crush the ice by itself in the blender to avoid having big chunks of ice in your smoothie.
- Add the banana and almond milk, and blend until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter, Nutella, and vanilla, and blend until smooth.
- NOTE: Adjust the amount of peanut butter and Nutella according to your preference: 3 tablespoons of each produces a rich and creamy smoothie, whereas 2 tablespoons of each is a little lighter. Also, the peanut butter tends to dominate the flavor of the Nutella, so if you would rather accentuate the chocolate flavor, go light on the peanut butter and heavier on the Nutella.
- Serve immediately, preferably while relaxing in a hammock under a shady tree, or in any other cool, comfortable spot of your choice!
PU Tip – Have fun with this recipe, try mixing in different ingredients or using different measurements. You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and Nutella! Strawberries are also a great alternative or add in!
Be cool this summer Urchins!