Purple Urchin is celebrating five years as a retail store this November, and to celebrate we're having an awesome month long contest!
The prize: a day of soap making at Purple Urchin (and by a day, we mean a couple of hours)!
You and up to three friends will get to come to Purple Urchin in early December (date to be determined based on winner's availability) and make a custom batch of approx 48 bars of soap, scented with the scents/colours of your choosing!*
*scents and colours will be chosen from a selection offered by Purple Urchin at the time of the soap making session
The next day, you'll get to come back and unmould, cut, and stamp your custom soap and take it home to cure.
The contest: videotape yourself telling us which Purple Urchin product is your favourite, and why!
Post to Instagram and use hashtag #5yearsofPU; also tag @Purple_Urchin
If your account is set to "private" please let us know you have created a video by commenting on one of our Instagram posts, at which point we will request to follow you on Instagram so that we can see your video entry.
You'll have until 11:59 pm on November 30th to post your video and be entered in a random draw for your chance to win this soap making session.
The rules: here's some legalese for you guys to peruse.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is only open to those in the city of Ottawa (or available to travel to Ottawa) and are above the age of majority. Employees of Purple Urchin (“Employees”), its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of the Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Purple Urchin as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting November 1st, 2016, at 12:00am EST and ending November 30th, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by posting a video review of your favourite Purple Urchin product on Instagram, using the hashtag #5YearsofPU, and tagging @purple_urchin in the description. You must explain which product(s) is/are your favourite and why. If your Instagram account is set to "private", you must let Purple Urchin know that you have posted a video so that Purple Urchin can request to follow your Instagram account in order to see your video entry. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Purple Urchin. One entry per person/per Instagram account. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Purple Urchin.
- Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign will receive a soap-makin_ class for four, scheduled at the beginning of December. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Purple Urchin. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Purple Urchin’s discretion. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Purple Urchin to use Winner’s names, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random draw under the supervision of Purple Urchin. Winner will be notified by Instagram (direct message and/or comment on video). Purple Urchin shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email or other security settings. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that Purple Urchin, anyone acting on behalf of Purple Urchin, and Purple Urchin licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, picture, voice, and statements about the Campaign for news, publicity, information, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes.
- Terms & Conditions: Purple Urchin reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should a virus, bug, fraud, or other cause beyond Purple Urchin’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Purple Urchin may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Purple Urchin. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Purple Urchin and its affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrants participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize; (ii) technical failures of any kind; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service; (iv) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ONTARIO, WITOHUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court locations in Ontario having jurisdiction.
- Instagram: The Campaign hosted by Purple Urchin is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
We can't wait to see your videos!